DIRECT CHEMIST OUTLET RETURNS POLICY
The Direct Chemsit Outlet returns policy is in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.. Please read our returns policy carefully to ensure you are fully aware of your rights under this policy and our obligations to you.
Returns due to CHANGE OF MIND
Customer satisfaction is of upmost importance to us so, if you change your mind, we will allow you to return those products within 7 days of your purchase, provided Direct Chemist Outlet is satisfied that:
- You provide your original Direct Chemist Outletregister receipt, online tax invoice or other adequate proof of purchase at the time you return the item;
- The product is unopened, unused and in its original saleable condition, this means;
- It is in its original packaging including manuals, pamphlets and all accessories;
- The item or packaging has not been used or damaged in any way
- The product does not fall under the following category
- Medicines (Prescribed or Over the Counter)
- Baby Formula
- Vitamin Supplements
- Consumable Products
If these requirements are not satisfied Direct Chemist Outlet reserves the right not to offer an exchange or refund for change of mind returns. The shipping fee will not be refunded.
All products sold on Direct Chemist Outlet Online comes with guarantees that cannot be excluded under Australian Consumer Law. Direct Chemist Outlet will accept product returns and provide you with an exchange, refund or repair where:
- The product is faulty or is not of satisfactory quality, or
- Significantly different to those presented or described to you, or
- The product is not fit for its intended purpose, or
- The product is unsafe, and
- You can provide your Direct Chemist Outlet register receipt, online tax invoice or other adequate proof of purchase at the time when you return the item
Direct Chemist Outlet reserves the right to return the product to the manufacturer to determine the nature of the problem. Direct Chemist Outlet reserves the right not to offer an refund, exchange or repair where the item fault is a result of neglect or misuse.
Referbished goods of the same type may be used where goods are presented for repair, rather than the goods being replaced. Refurbished parts may be used to repair goods. Under Australian consumer Law, our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. If the goods fail to be of acceptable quality* and the failure does not amount to a major failure you are eligible to have the goods repaired or replaced.
*Products must be of acceptable quality, that is:
- Safe, lasting, with no faults
- Look acceptable
- Operate as anticipated
Acceptable quality considers what would normally be expected for the type of product and its cost.
DIRECT CHEMIST OUTLET RESERVES THE RIGHT TO:
Assess the condition and age of returned goods prior to providing a repair, exchange or refund. This may result in a repair, exchange or refund being declined.
- Your original Direct Chemist Outlet register receipt or online tax invoice are the best form of proof of purchase
- Refunds will be issued using your original payment method
We take great care in the shipping process, however; if your item(s) do arrive damaged, please contact our friendly Customer Service Team to assess the damage and to work out a resolution. To aid a speedy resolution, a photograph of your item(s) and/or delivery package may be requested.
For returns under Australian Consumer Law, please contact our friendly Customer Service Team to arrange collection of the item(s) to be delivered back to our warehouse for assessment, exchange, repair or refund.
Our aim is to get your order to you as quick as possible, in most cases, orders placed are dispatched on the same or next business day. Once your order has been dispatched, unfortunately it cannot be cancelled and will need to be posted back to us, at the expense of the customer. A full refund less postage will be provided. Returns cannot be accepted for medicines, fragrance, vitamins, baby formula, consumable products, earrings or medicine (as storage conditions may be compromised and the product could be tampered).
- Online purchases can only be returned as outlined above.
- Returns or exchanges for store purchases should be directed to the original store.
- Your approved refund will be issued using your original payment method.
- Fragrances, medicines (prescribed or over the counter), baby formula, earrings, vitamins and consumable products cannot be returned for refund or exchange.
This policy was last updated 02-05-2021