DIRECT CHEMIST OUTLET RESPECTS YOUR PRIVACY
Thank you for visiting the Directchemistoutlet.com.au website. Directchemistoutlet.com.au is a leading online pharmacy and retail store for pharmaceutical products, owned and operated in Australia under Direct Chemist Outlet Pty Ltd.
The owners of Directchemistoutlet.com.au, its subsidiaries, related entities and affiliates ("Directchemistoutlet.com.au", "we", "us", "our") respect your privacy and we are committed to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) ("Act") and the Act's Australian Privacy Principals ("APP"). In addition, we are bound by and committed to the privacy of health records as contained in Health Legislation in every state.
We respect your right to privacy and are committed to providing honest information to explain how we use the information you give us. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION IS COLLECTED?
The kinds of personal information we collect and hold will depend upon the reasons for, or circumstance of, its collection. It may include, amongst other things:
- your name and contact details;
- other personal information you give us when you request a good or service from us. This information may include: your requirements with respect to specific goods or services; your opinion or preferences with respect to any of our goods or services, payment details, or your preferred payment method;
- information contained in any communications between you and us;
- information contained in an application form or other document given to us;
- payment and transactional information about your acquisition and use of our goods and services;
- activity with our digital or online services; and
- any information we are required to collect by law.
We will not collect or monitor any personal information about you without your consent unless we believe it is necessary for the product and services you require or to best service your needs.
If the Personal Information we request from you is not provided, it may affect our ability to provide the products and services to you.
Website visit information
We or our agents or service providers make a record of your visit and log information such as your server address, your top level domain name (e.g.: .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc.), the date and time of your visit to this website, the pages you access and documents you download, the referring site and the type of browser used. This information is anonymous and is only used for statistical and website development purposes. No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the web server's logs.
Directchemistoutlet.com.au requires email addresses for correspondence regarding orders placed and registration of users. We do not use these emails for commercial use without prior consent.
Additional data required for medication purchases
If you want to purchase any medications, we will need to know whether you pay full price for your prescriptions or if they are government subsidised. We will also collect information about your existing medical conditions and any medication your doctor has prescribed for you, gender, DOB, address, Medicare details depends on type of medications purchased. We will use this information to look after your health and comply with Pharmacy Law. This may mean we have to contact you in certain circumstances that are relevant to your ongoing care (for example, sending you reminders about repeat prescriptions). For more information about what information we may collect in such when providing prescriptions please read our prescription service page.
Collection of other information
We use ‘cookies’ and similar technology on its websites and in other technology applications. The use of such technologies is an industry standard and helps us monitor the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use our websites/applications. We use such technologies to generate statistics, measure your activity, improve the usefulness of our websites/applications and to enhance the ‘customer’ experience.
When you visit our website, social media pages or other digital presences, we may track anonymous information which tells us about your online behaviour, but not your identity.
What are cookies?
- Technical information, including your IP address, your login information, browser type and version, device identifier, location and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, page response times, and download errors;
- Information about your visit, including the websites you visit before and after our site and products you viewed or searched for;
- Length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Also, emails that we send as part of our marketing programs use clear gifs (web beacons). These tell us whether the email has been opened. Web beacons can be turned off by not “enabling images” in an email.
A cookie is a piece of data that a website places on your browser when you visit the website. A cookie can store a range of information.
We use various technologies to collect this information, including cookies and web beacons, and when we say “cookies” we mean all these technologies. Note that disabling some cookie categories may impact your experience of our site.
How can you manage cookies?
You can also delete cookies that have already been set. You can opt out of cookies by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.pharmcay
The help function within your browser should tell you how to do this.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to refine or remove cookies on a wide variety of desktop browsers.
HOW DO WE USE THIS INFORMATION?
Providing you with goods and services & getting to know you better
We collect your personal information so that we can use it for or in connection with our functions and activities which may include, amongst other things:
- confirming your identity when you contact us;
- accepting and processing your orders;
- providing you with any of our goods and services or information about those goods or services;
- providing you with information about charities or charitable purposes or activities we proudly support;
- being aware of any special good or service requirements you may have;
- providing you with electronic confirmation of your orders (where applicable) and advising you of any changes to our goods and services;
- delivering orders;
- providing refunds or discounts;
- communicating directly with you (including direct marketing) and providing marketing communications and targeted advertising to you on an ongoing basis by electronic messages (e.g. email), our digital services and other means
- conducting product and market research;
- maintaining and updating our records;
- working with our service providers;
- administering and managing the provision of our goods and services to you, including billing and debt collection;
- conducting reviews or checks of your credit worthiness;
- addressing any queries, feedback or complaints we receive from you;
- developing, improving and marketing our goods and services;
- complying with relevant laws, regulations and Codes; and
- using your personal information for any other purpose that it was collected for or any related purpose for which we are entitled to use your personal information.
In some cases, for example if you are ordering pharmacy-only medicines from us, we will ask you for extra information to make sure that our pharmacists can check the medicine is suitable for you. This will mean collecting information about your health, including medical information.
TO WHOM IS THIS INFORMATION DISCLOSED?
Our service providers
Sometimes we use other organisations (service providers) to help us provide our services and improve them, including:
- delivering your orders and providing emails or texts so you can track your order;
- sending letters and marketing material;
- carrying out market research; and
- helping us to analyse anonymous information about customers.
Where we need to share information with our service providers, we give them only the minimum amount they need to provide services to us and you. Those we share your information with are not allowed to use it to try to sell their own services to you. They are all bound by privacy policies that at a minimum mirror ours.
We collect Personal Information for the purpose of providing customers with marketing material and to enhance and develop our relationship with our customers. We may disclose your Personal Information to bodies and service providers to improve our marketing services to our customers.
We may also use Personal Information to inform you of promotions which may be of interest along with details of other products or services we provide.
We do not sell, provide, or allow your Personal Information to be viewed by any person not engaged or employed by us without your prior consent. Your Personal Information will only be disclosed in a manner consistent with the APP.
If you wish to opt out of direct marketing offers or promotions, you can contact us by email on [email protected], or out of respect for your privacy, we provide you a way to unsubscribe by following instructions included in each communication.
As well as sharing your information with our group companies and giving our service providers information to help us provide our products and services to you, we may give your information to others (third parties) in the following circumstances.
- If we are selling any business or assets, in which case we may give your personal information to the prospective buyer of such business or asset.
- If we, or most of our assets, are taken over by a third party (as your personal information may be one of those assets).
- If we have to provide or share your personal information in order to:
- meet any legal obligation or a request from a court or the police;
- protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers or others.
This may involve sharing information for the purposes of preventing fraud, carrying out identity and age-related checks, and reducing credit risks, and contacting prescribers when our pharmacist becomes aware of significant medical issues arising in connection with a repeat prescription.
Our website may contain links to third parties’ websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those websites.
Cross border disclosure
Personal Information may be disclosed to our service providers, including service providers which are located outside of Australia for the purpose of us providing services and marketing material to you. Except in some circumstances where we may rely on an exemption under the Act or other law, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that that the privacy of your Personal Information is addressed in any service agreement with our service providers.
Disclosure as required by Law
We will only disclosure your Personal Information to persons or authorities who are authorised by law to receive your Personal Information or by authority given by you or your estate or pursuant to the terms of this policy.
HOW DO WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The security of your personal information is very important to us, and we take all appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help protect it from being seen or shared by people or organisations not authorized to receive it. Personal Electronic Information provided to Directchemistoutlet.com.au will be stored on servers located in Australia, on our behalf in a legally compliant manner, consistent with industry best practice. Physical copies of Personal Information provided may be kept in storage rooms with restricted access. When sending your personal information to a third party in order to provide goods or services you have ordered through our website, we will use reasonable ways of keeping your personal information secure.
How can directchemistoulet.com.au customers ensure the accuracy and rectification regarding their Personal Information?
When Personal Information is provided to Directchemistoutlet.com.au by you, you warrant that the Personal Information given is accurate, current and complete and undertake to maintain the accuracy, currency and completeness of the Personal Information which we retain. You also warrant that you have authority to provide this Personal Information to us.
Registered customers can view and alter the Personal Information they have provided by logging in with their username and password and accessing their account information. The Personal Information we retain includes name, addresses, date of birth and past orders. Access to this Personal Information by Directchemistoutlet.com.au staff can only be performed by staff members with a secure password, with access only performed when required. Access to this Personal Information is recorded by log files to track unauthorised access and modifications.
Customers wishing to access their Personal Information for the purpose of rectifying inaccuracies may also do so by written request to [email protected]. We will comply with reasonable requests to have inaccuracies corrected.
Can Directchemistoutlet.com.au customers order with anonymity?
As Directchemistoutlet.com.au requires a physical address to deliver parcels to and a signature on delivery, anonymity cannot be assured. Customers may use a pseudonym for the purpose of registering for marketing information only.
How can Directchemistoutlet.com.au customers' Personal Information be removed from our database?
If at any stage a Directchemistoutlet.com.au customer would like their Personal Information removed from our database, we require an email with the username, password and identifying information and the patients file will be deleted from our records. Please send to: [email protected]
Your right to see your health record
You can ask us in writing for a copy of all the personal information we hold about you. We will endeavour to respond to your request within reasonable time. You will need to give enough information for our staff to identify you (for example, your full name, address and date of birth). You will need to provide ID (for example, your passport, full driving license or credit card or debit card) before any information can be released to you.
QUESTIONS, QUERIES OR COMPLAINTS
Directchemistoutlet.com.au will use its best endeavours to ensure the privacy of your Personal Information. If you have any questions, queries or complaints, please contact us on [email protected] or mail us at:
Direct Chemist Outlet Support Centre
21-23 Capital Court
Braeside VIC 3195
Complaints received will be taken seriously and the outcome will be relayed to you in a timely manner. If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at [email protected] or on 1300 363 992.
Directchemistoutlet.com.au reserves the right to review and amend this policy from time to time and will notify you of any amendments by posting an updated version of the policy on this website.
This policy was last updated on 07-05-2020