Direct Chemist Outlet’s Privacy Notice
What is the DCO Mobile App?
DCO App is a mobile application provided by your selected pharmacy or selected pharmacies. The DCO App was built and is operated by Direct Chemist Outlet Pty Ltd (ABN 60 631 167 425), www.directchemistoutlet.com.au, (owned by Direct Chemist Outlet Pty Ltd and referred to in this Privacy Notice as we, us and our) using the DCO App platform. It enables you to:
- see your prescription history that Direct Chemist Outlet and your selected pharmacy/ies hold about you;
- see your professional services history (such as blood pressure results) that your selected pharmacy/ies and Direct Chemist Outlet holds about you;
- receive information and updates on services relevant to your prescription and professional services history from either your selected pharmacy/ies or from Direct Chemist Outlet including advice, information, alerts, invitations and warnings;
- receive marketing information relevant to your prescription and professional services history from either your selected pharmacy/ies or from Direct Chemist Outlet; and
- manage your health by:
- telling you about when your next professional service should be completed;
- delivering to you any administrative notices, health alerts and communications relevant to your prescription and professional services history;
- fulfilling your requests for certain products and services;
- enabling you to add nominated health care related service providers into the DCO App as a quick reference functionality;
- providing map/directions functionality to your nominated health care related service providers;
- providing you with a click to call your nominated health care service provider capability;
- providing you with Consumer Medicines Information (CMI);
- providing you with medicines images;
- reminding you to take your medication;
- telling you when you will need to refill your prescription;
- telling you when your prescriptions will expire; and
- giving you important information about your medication.
What personal information is shown on the DCO App?
The DCO App only shows you information about you that your Direct Chemist Outlet selected pharmacy/ies hold/s about you. Prescription information or professional service information about you held by non-selected pharmacies will not appear in your Direct Chemist Outlet account.
How does the DCO App collect information about you?
Pharmacies collect prescription and professional service information (such as results from blood pressure testing) from you when you give them a prescription to fill, or you ask them to provide a professional service to you. Pharmacies store this information in Direct Chemist Outlet’s database and the DCO App enables you to see this information.
Direct Chemist Outlet’s database will also hold data about how you use the DCO App, such as how often you use the DCO App and which aspects of the DCO App you make the most use of.
We will also collect any personal information (including your medical, prescription and professional service information) that you enter into, or provide when you use the app. This information will also be stored on Direct Chemist Outlet’s database.
What other information do we collect from you?
Proving your identity
Before allowing you to use the DCO App, either we (through our online identity verification process) or your selected pharmacy/ies (in person) will ask you to provide identity information to ensure the DCO App can match you to your prescription and/or professional service history. If you don’t provide this identity information, you won’t be able to use the DCO App. If you sign up in person at a pharmacy, the selected pharmacy will not store the original copies of your identity documents but may keep a note of what identity document you showed to them. If you sign up electronically, we do not keep any record of any identity documents you upload or provide via the online identity verification process.
Consent to use the DCO App on another person’s behalf (Share Permissions Functionality)
If you want to use the DCO App to manage medications on behalf of another person, such as your parent, spouse, sibling or child, you must give the pharmacist that person’s details and show the pharmacist that you either have that person’s consent or the authority to act on their behalf.
If a child, or other related person to you, who is aged 16 or under shares the same Medicare card as you (Minor), once you register with the DCO App, it may allow you to also access that Minor’s information held on the Direct Chemist Outlet database. If you do not have the consent of the Minor to access such information, or authority to act on their behalf, then you should not do so.
Other information we collect through the DCO App.
Via the DCO App, Direct Chemist Outlet and your selected pharmacy/ies also collect:
- your mobile phone number so that it can SMS you an activation code to set up your account;
- your email address so that you can re-set your DCO App account password if you need to; and
- your Medicare number to verify your identity and ensure your records match those held on the Direct Chemist Outlet database.
If you want to use the DCO App to access information held about you by more than one pharmacy, each new pharmacy you select will ask you for relevant identification documents in order to enter into Direct Chemist Outlet’s database. This ensures that the DCO App matches you correctly to your prescription and professional services information related to each respective pharmacy.
How do we use your personal information?
Direct Chemist Outlet uses your prescription and professional services information for the purpose of providing you with the DCO App services outlined above.
Direct Chemist Outlet also uses the information for market research, project planning, troubleshooting, detecting and protecting against error, fraud and other criminal activities, statistical analysis and reporting on trends in pharmacy related service delivery, for analysis and reporting to government on health and health related trends, to evaluate the effectiveness, efficacy and value of the DCO App and for providing commercial services. Direct Chemist Outlet sells reports of aggregated de-identified information about these matters to third parties. The reports do not show information about specific DCO App users and will not disclose any personal information about you held by your selected pharmacy/ies or which you enter into the DCO App.
Direct Chemist Outlet and the selected pharmacy/ies may use the prescription and professional service information it holds about you to provide you with service-related communications. In addition, Direct Chemist Outlet and the selected pharmacy/ies may also provide you with marketing material which is unrelated to your prescription and professional services. You may opt-out of receiving these marketing materials at any time by following the opt-out prompts in the marketing material. You will still however continue to receive prescription and professional service communications, alerts and/or notifications (that are not marketing related) that are relevant to you.
What we won’t do with your personal information (including disclosures)?
We will NOT:
- store or send any of your prescription information overseas;
- disclose specific prescription or professional services information about you to third parties unless you give express consent;
- collect information about you other than the prescription and professional service related information we already hold, or as described in this notice, unless it is directly related to Direct Chemist Outlet and you would reasonably expect it or we have your specific consent; or
- collect information about your location through the DCO App.
More privacy information including access and complaints handling
Direct Chemist Outlet contact details for the DCO App
If you have any queries or complaints with regard our collection, use or management of your personal information, please contact us at:
Address: Unit 6/4 Garden Road, Clayton VIC 3168